Thursday, February 21, 2013

Introducing My Family To My Parents


I have found time for myself. I went to bed and slept. But I can't sleep. Unexpected thoughts of my parents are constant intrusions in my mind. It has been a long time since I have been back to Malta, my homeland. I haven't heard anything from them in years. I don't know how to contact them. All of my friends left with me to find work in other countries. To get my mind off my worries, I turned on my computer.I wanted to dispel the loneliness I suddenly felt, I went online. I looked at my email and was puzzled by the name of one of the senders. The sender's name is someone I highly recognize.

Seeing her message excited me. It turned it was from a neighbour back in Malta. What happened was she was on Facebook one time and saw that we both were friends with someone. She had asked that friend if she knew how to contact me. He was the one who gave my email address to her. She gave me an update on my parents' condition. They were eager to know how I am. She went on to tell me of an uncle's recent death. I remembered that particular brother of my mom, he was very generous to our family. He would also give presents to all of us children on our birthdays.

I decided right there and then to visit Malta. I don't need to seek an affordable family holidays to Malta to go there. I will bring my wife, son and daughter so that my parents can meet the members of my family. I had to tell everyone about my decision over dinner that night. I expected them to balk at my decision, but they didn't; they loved the idea.

I was happy to see Malta International Airport. My wife and kids were delighted with the view. I was ecstatic. I was very glad to see that Malta has developed into a contemporary European country. The roadside are filled with sky rise buildings, it has become highly urbanised. Roads from the airport to my parents' house in the country are already paved.

I disclosed to my newly acquainted neighbor that we will visit my parents but she should not reveal that information. However, she let on that they would have house guests shortly. My parents were perplexed but they trusted the neighbor so they acted on the information given them. They arranged the backyard and cleaned the house. My parents were so delighted to see us. My mother and father took turns to shower me with hugs and kisses. Then I introduced my wife, son and daughter. They too were received happily by my parents. They lavished hugs and kisses on my family, too. We brought gifts for my mom and dad. They were so moved because of the gifts. We also visited the family of my late uncle. Before we left, my parents told me to get in touch with us from time to time. I nodded happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment